2011-12 Season Epilogue

In the future I will look back on the 2011-12 season with great fondness as this was the season I finally completed ‘The 92.’ Followers of the 100FgC blog will know that this was something I'd became obsesssed with over the last few years, so it was great to have this complete with only a third of the season gone. I also wanted to finish the Conference grounds as well, but was unable to make it to Newport County in March, which meant I just fell one shy of finishing the top 116 clubs in the same season. As well as this I rattled off a few in Scotland so I’ve now bagged over half of the Scottish 42, although completing this set will proof more of a challenge.

This season was also a success on the field, with Newcastle finishing 5th which means a return to Europe for me and the Toon Army. Gateshead also had a cracking season, in and around the play offs finishing 8th and to top it all off I saw Dunston lift the FA Vase at Wembley, so overall a fabulous 10 months.

The Boring Stats
Matches Attended 77
Goals 243
New Grounds 26
(FL 5 NL 12 Scot Lg  5 Scot NL  3 Wembley)

Likes
Dunston UTS winning the FA Vase
Senegal strikers
Passe Cisse getting a £6 haircut in Gateshead
Jon Shaw goal record breaker
Bully goal record breaker
Press passes with Scotch pies
100FgC on Facebook
The Argentinian Bobby Moore
#ImsupportingUkraine
East Coast Trains
Sir Bobby statue
Party with Marty
Yet more Wetherspoons Tours
Yet more GBG listed pubs
Joey Barton’s tweets

Dislikes
Lee Clark sacked
Agent Bruce sacked
John Terry
Luis Suarez
Lee Cattermole
Wisbech Wankers
Not St James Park but Spor….
York promoted (I’ll miss my fave Heed away trip)
Pending England Euro 2012 hype
Gary Speed RIP
Joey Barton’s tweets

1 comment:

Graham (My) Precious (Grimsby) said...

As usual an excellent blog of an excellent season
My only highlight was the trip with you to Brighton
The Mariners had an up and down season like a bunch of wankers at times - scored sixes and sevens and fives in and out - that first away game at Braintree losing five nil to a bunch of plumbers tested my resolve greatly. The season promised much (York did what I expected us to) but fizzled out inthe end - both of your teams did better than mine - even Trinity lost the POF at home to a team they'd done the double over!
That's football for yer - beautiful game? My arse!
But we'll be back next season - more conference grounds plus those I've missed and looking forward to Rotherham - and seeing you again!!!